Waikato Hospital’s Paediatrics department covers both secondary and tertiary paediatric medical and surgical inpatient (ward) and outpatient (clinic) services.
Paediatrics is part of the Children's health services at Waikato Hospital, and comes within the Waikids brand that integrates all child and youth health services provided by Waikato District Health Board, whether they are hospital or community based.
Children's health services at Waikato Hospital include
Waikato Hospital, Waiora Waikato Hospital Campus, Pembroke Street, Hamilton
- Ward E4, Waikids Surgery, Level 4, Elizabeth Rothwell Building
- Ward E5, Waikids Medical, Level 5, Elizabeth Rothwell Building
- Waikids Clinics, Level 6, Elizabeth Rothwell Building
- Waikids Day Stay, Level 6, Elizabeth Rothwell Building
- Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Level B1, Elizabeth Rothwell Building
- Play Specialists Education Room, Level 8, Elizabeth Rothwell Building
- Play Specialists’ team base, Level B3, Elizabeth Rothwell Building
- Child Development Centre, 222 Pembroke Street, Hamilton (part of Waiora Waikato Hospital Campus)
- Outreach paediatric medicine and surgery services provided at Thames Hospital, and clinics at the rural hospitals
Waikato Hospital Operator: (07) 839 8899 for all services and departments
Referrals are by general practitioners (GPs) or other health professionals, educational or family/child social services. Refer to the specific service listing for referral criteria.
Non-acute (non-urgent) referrals will initially be seen at a clinic appointment.