Obstetrics is part of the Women’s Health service at Waikato District Health Board. It provides maternity and obstetric facilities and specialist care for local and regional patients requiring elective (planned) or emergency treatments.
Clinical roles in the Women’s Health service are shared across Gynaecology and Obstetrics specialties.
Delivery Suite at Waikato Hospital was completely refurbished in 2008/9 and has seven large and more private birthing rooms with natural light, soundproofing, modern décor and ensuite bathrooms with showers.
Waiora Waikato Hospital Campus, Pembroke Street, Hamilton
- Ward E1 Women’s Health (Gynaecology and Obstetrics), Level 1 Elizabeth Rothwell Building
- Ward E2 Women’s Health Postnatal, Level 2 Elizabeth Rothwell Building
- Women’s Health Clinics, Level B3 Elizabeth Rothwell Building
- Women’s Health Assessment, Level B2 Elizabeth Rothwell Building
- Delivery Suite, Level B2, Elizabeth Rothwell Building
Waikato Hospital Operator: (07) 839 8899 for all services and departments
Referrals are by general practitioners (GPs) or other health specialists.
Non-acute (non-urgent) referrals will initially be seen at a clinic.