Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is responsible for planning, funding and providing quality health and disability support services for more than 365,000 people living within its district boundaries.
It offers a wide range of clinical and non-clinical roles, and a variety of locations - although the majority of its 6,500 employees work on the Waiora Waikato Hospital Campus in Hamilton.
Waikato DHB has extensive programmes for:
- new staff orientation
- professional development
- clinical training and education
- and offers opportunities such as secondment to projects and working in regional collaboration teams.
Waikato DHB is an equal opportunity employer.
Staff facilities and recognition/support programmes
- Worx Perx - discounted retail and commercial deals available to staff on presentation of identity card.
- Staff Service Recogntion - length of service recognition programme.
- Employee Assistance Progamme (EAP) - part of a national programme to provide personal, confidential support for employees with work or personal problems.
- Quality staff cafeterias and coffee shops.
- Health Benefit Society.
- Tennis and squash facilities (by membership).
- Discussion forum, classifieds advertising on the staff intranet.
Health service delivery
In terms of direct health service delivery, clinical and clinical support staff operate out of:
- a base hospital in Hamilton
- a secondary hospital in Thames
- three rural hospitals
- two continuing care facilities
- primary birthing facilities
- acute mental health facility and community based mental health services
- 17 community bases for community health teams
- population and public health services.
The non-clinical support structure includes in-house teams supplying expert advice and services for:
- finance and payroll
- information services
- human resources
- contract management
- project management
- business analysis
- quality and risk services
- property and infrastructure maintenance
- purchasing and distribution
- nutrition and food services for patients and staff
- printing, design and clinical photography
- corporate support services such as legal, media and audit.