Gastroenterology Department, Waikato Hospital
- Gastroenterology services, acute and elective
- Diagnostic Upper Endoscopy, Colonoscopy and Capsule Endoscopy
- Advanced endoscopy services and intervention
Dr Frank Weilert
- We offer comprehensive acute and elective secondary and tertiary care gastroenterology services.
- Quaternary services in interventional endoscopy are provided regionally and nationally, including ERCP, Spyglass, EUS, POEM, Balloon Enteroscopy, HALO RFA.
- Outpatient services cover the full range of gastroenterology and hepatology, including specific IBD, hepatology, liver transplant and fibroscan clinics.
- Inpatient beds are available for IBD and Hepatology.
- Consulting services are offered for other acute GI conditions including haemorrhage.
- The department is actively engaged in clinical research and therapeutic clinical trials.
- We work in collaboration with the colorectal surgeons including joint clinics.
- Regular MDT meetings include radiology, pathology, upper and lower GI malignancy.
- Training: the service is actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate training.
- Outpatient services - Gastroenterology Clinic, Day Infusion Services and Endoscopy Department – Reception I, Level 3, Meade Clinical Centre, Waikato Hospital
- Inpatient services - Ward A3, Acute Services Building, Waikato Hospital
Waikato Hospital: 07 839 8899
- Clinical Director - Gastroenterology
- Director of Endoscopy
- Service manager
- Seven gastroenterologists
- Two advanced trainees
- Nurse endoscopist
- IBD specialist nurse
- Hepatology nurse educator
- Clinical trial coordinators
Dr Jim Brooker
Dr Jim Brooker, MBBS, BSc, MRCP, MD, FRACP
Graduated 1991, Guys Hospital, London
Special interests: IBD, Capsule endoscopy, HALO RFA, Double Balloon Enteroscopy, POEM, pH/manometry, Breath Testing
Dr Frank Weilert
Dr Frank Weilert, MBBCh (Witwatersrand), BSc, FRACP, FASGE
Advanced Training at Victoria Liver Transplant Unit (Melbourne) and Interventional Endoscopy Service, California Pacific Medical Centre (San Francisco)
- Interventional Endoscopy including advanced therapeutic ERCP, Endoscopic Ultrasound, EMR, ESD, POEM, HALO RFA
- Chronic liver disease including Viral Hepatitis, Liver transplantation and HCC