Disability Support Services (DSS) 0 to 65
Disability Support Services (DSS) 0 to 65 years old
Disability Support Services (DSS) is part of Disability Support Link (DSL), a Needs Assessment and Service Coordination (NASC) service for persons from birth to 65 years.
Note: Disability support for older people (65+) is managed through our Health of Older People (HOP) team
NASCs are organisations contracted by the Ministry of Health to
- identify their strengths and support needs
- outline what disability support services are available
- determine their eligibility for Ministry-funded support services.
Eligibility for Disability Support services is:
- Intellectual, physical, sensory disability and/or autistic spectrum disorder.
The services we contract for are:
- personal care
- home help (for people with a current community service card)
- individualised funding
- residential services
- shared care and contract board.
Please see the Ministry of Health website for more details.
Our team is made up of service coordinators/needs assessors, all who have extensive experience in meeting the needs of persons who require support. We have a team leader who reports to the manager of Disability Support Link.
Hugh Monckton Building
79 Rostrevor St, Hamilton
We have a needs assessor/coordinator based at Thames Hospital.
Any person can make a referral to Disability Support Link. If in doubt regarding eligibility or process, please call us.