- planning, implementing and evaluating health promotion projects
- creating supportive environments so that the healthy choice is the easy choice
- influencing policy and organisational change for health improvement.
Health Improvement team is charged with building the capacity of communities to support health improvement and enable individuals and communities to lead healthy, happy and rewarding lives.
The Health Improvement team is part of Waikato DHB’s Population Health services.
- Social environments
- Health promoting schools
- Well Child
- Prevention of alcohol and other drug related harm
- Tobacco control
- Healthy physical activity and nutrition
- Sexual health
- Mental health promotion
- Injury prevention
Level 5, Hugh Monckton Trust Building
Cnr Harwood and Rostrevor Streets