Respiratory covers diagnostic and treatment of general respiratory and sleep disorders.
The department provides its services through
- a comprehensive inpatient (ward) service
- clinic and outreach services including nurse-led clinics with highly skilled nurses specialising in COPD, asthma, cystic fibrosis and lung cancer
- a full respiratory function laboratory
- sleep service with a three-bed sleep laboratory
- chest conference (weekly multi-disciplinary sessions where complex cases are discussed).
The service works closely with General Medicine and Thoracic Surgery specialties at Waikato Hospital, and with the regional cancer services.
Waikato Hospital, Waiora Waikato Hospital Campus, Pembroke Street, Hamilton
- Ward A2 Respiratory, Level 2, Acute Services Building
- Respiratory Clinic, Reception F, Level 2, Meade Clinical Centre
- Respiratory & Cardiac Procedures, Reception F, Level 2, Meade Clinical Centre
Phone: 07 839 8899
Referrals are by general practitioners (GPs) or other health specialists.
Non-acute (non-urgent) referrals will initially be seen at a clinic.
- Bronchoscopy and EBUS referral form [DOC, 81 KB]
- Chest conference form [DOC, 240 KB]
- Community oxygen request form [PDF, 67 KB]