This is a small fund which is only available to support community projects (programmes or events). These projects do not necessarily have to directly link to suicide prevention, but they do have to show a clear link to an objective within the Waikato Suicide Prevention and Postvention Plan. [PDF, 1.7 MB] Only projects that are aimed at enhancing wellbeing and community connections will be considered. If you believe that your initiative will fit under any of the Plan’s objectives and you would like to apply for funding, please complete our online form. Please note that even if a lead agency is already in place on the Plan, you may still apply against that objective, but must link with the lead agency.
- All projects/initiatives will be required to demonstrate that they will do no harm.
- The fund may be used to partially or fully fund the project.
Priority will be given to:
- Community groups who have no other avenues for funding;
- Projects/initiatives which show a clear link to the objectives set out in the Plan 2018-21; and
- Projects/initiatives which demonstrate that they will support people who are identified as at risk (as specified in the Plan).
There will be no formal evaluation process but all applicants will be required to write a report on the project. Staff members from the Waikato DHB may request to attend an event associated with the project.