Waikato Hospital is a tertiary, teaching hospital that provides all hospital services (with the exception of organ transplants), plus clinical diagnostic and support services including radiology, laboratory and pharmacy.
- It provides tertiary services for the Midland region comprising district health boards of Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Lakes, Tairawhiti and Taranaki.
- The hospital has 600 inpatient beds, 22 operating theatres and a dedicated outpatient clinic and procedure centre.
- All diagnostic and treatment facilities are on one large campus called Waiora Waikato Hospital Campus in Hamilton which is central location within the tertiary region, with road and air ambulance support.
- It is a teaching hospital for the Waikato Clinical Campus, and is supported by an excellent library, and a clinical skills centre with a clinical simulation suite .
- It offers research opportunities and many specialties have their own research unit.
- Internal Medicine
- Surgical services
- Paediatrics (Children's health)
- Women’s Health (Gynaecology and Obstetrics)
- Ambulatory Care (Emergency Department and outpatients)
- Theatres and Interventional Services (including ICU/HDU, Radiology, and Anaesthetics)
For listings of individual services and specialties, please refer to the full A-Z of services list and use the search or filter function.
- Acute Services Building - Acute Medical Unit, medical and respiratory wards and Emergency Department
- Elizabeth Rothwell Building - women's and children’s wards and clinics
- Lomas Building - cancer treatment and care services, MRI
- Meade Clinical Centre - clinics, medical procedures, critical care and access to theatres
- Menzies Building - surgical wards
- Older Persons and Rehabilitation – specifically designed facility with wards and clinics
- Waiora Waikato Centre - clinical offices and some clinical support and allied health services.
Dr Grant Howard
Acting Executive Director, Waikato Hospital Services
Waiora Waikato Hospital Campus
Phone 07 839 8899 for all hospital departments and services
Private Bag 3200