Waikato DHB invests in the development of staff and offers a variety of non-clinical education, training and programmes available to staff across the Waikato District Health Board. These include face-to-face courses, on-line learning and training, and resources.
Leadership and management
- We have joined with other district health boards in the Midland health region to develop and implement leadership initiatives: Leadership in Practice and Health Leaders Advanced. Visit the Midland Leadership website for more information on these programmes
- Partnership programme with the University of Waikato - the Post Graduate Certificate in Health Management and Leadership, a 10-month programme to develop Waikato DHB managers and leaders.
Learning and development
A wide range of specific courses designed to improve
- computer applications and device use
- communication skills
- service delivery
- effectiveness and efficiency
People and performance (HR)
- Waikato DHB orientation day.
- Health & Safety courses.
- Recruitment and selection.
- Managing behaviours.