Main areas of research
There are multiple subtypes of breast cancer and we coordinate clinical trials introducing new surgical, radiotherapy and drug treatments for the different types of this disease. In addition we run the Waikato Breast Cancer Register, and coordinate local PhD and other research.
Waikato Breast Cancer Research Trust
Active /recruiting research
- POSNOC trial - POsitive Sentinel NOde: adjuvant therapy alone versus adjuvant therapy plus Clearance or axillary radiotherapy.
- ROLLIS trial - Can Radio-guided Occult Lesion Localisation using Iodine-125 Seeds (ROLLIS) for excision of impalpable breast cancer reduce the rate of pathologically inadequate margins and/or subsequent oncological surgery compared with standard hook-wire localisation? A randomised controlled trial.
- International Breast cancer Intervention Study (IBIS) II Prevention and IBIS II DCIS trials.
- SOFT - Supression of Ovarian Function Trial.
- TAILORx – Trial Assigning Individualised Options for Treatment.
- SOLE - Study Of Letrozole Extension trial.
- SNAC2 - Sentinel Node biopsy versus Axillary Clearance trial.
- QoLID - Quality of Life study of Immediate and Delayed breast reconstruction.
- SUPREMO Selective Use of Postoperative Radiotherapy After Mastectomy trial.