Sign up to SmartHealth and activate your account before you can have an online appointment with an out of hours doctor.
Follow these steps to have an out of hours doctor appointment:
- Open the HealthTap app (smartphone or tablet) or go to smarthealth.healthtap.co.nz in a web browser.
- Log in using your personal email address and SmartHealth password.
- Click on the Ask Docs button on the app menu.
- Enter details of what the consultation is about in the Enter your question here field.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Choose the After-hour doctor service.
- Follow the instructions and answer any questions you are asked.
- Choose between a Text Chat, Voice Call or Video Call.
- You will be connected with a doctor.
For more detailed instructions, please read the Out of hours doctor service guide [PDF, 354 KB].